Internet-of-Things (IoT) has made it possible to collect a lot of information by linking sensors and their data. Do you get enthusiastic about everything related to IoT? Whereas a lot of businesses are still talking about IoT, we have already successfully completed several IoT projects and the rest is yet to come: Smart lightning through connectivity hubs throughout a city, image recognition in public spaces like parking lots, measuring subsidence of railway bridges, all by means of IoT. At Hyrde IoT, you are in the forefront of innovation within the rapidly developing IoT industry.
Who are we?
Hyrde IoT is a portfolio company of Volkerwessels Telecom. We are a small however fast-growing team in The Netherlands that works closely together with other VW companies in NL and internationally. This year we have the ambition to grow from 25 to 60 people. We create and build new opportunities within the building and construction industry as they relate to IoT: think of connected assets, smart manufacturing, smart buildings and logistics, and we contribute to achieving Smart Cities through Data Sharing.
IoT Consultant – Smart City Infrastructure
As a Senior Consultant in Smart City Infrastructure you will be able to advise VolkerWessels companies, municipalities, and EU boards about the future of cities. You are able to translate the strategic vision from clients to scalable IoT solutions. This means that you combine your knowledge with other fields, projects and partners, and search for innovations and opportunities that will benefit the quality and comfort of Smart Cities. After scoping, you will be devising and leading the implementation project from A to Z. You bring all the pieces of the puzzle together from a technical perspective. You work with a team of colleagues who bring in different types of expertise. As consultant you define and prioritize the (sub) projects for the innovation and optimization of various IoT solutions:
* Co-creating the vision and developing the roadmap, defining user stories in close consultation with the relevant stakeholders
* Ensuring implementation of vision and roadmap, and successfully delivering and managing products / systems / processes that create maximum business value
* Coordinate and align regularly with business needs in order to maximize satisfaction of the realized
* Build, continuously adjust and maintain the backlog with identified improvements / optimizations
* Briefing from scrum organization about various activities on the backlog and making agreements about the interpretation of sprints and delivery of results
* Monitor progress and result of sprints and assess qualities
* Planning and prioritizing product development and product functions of the end product
What do you have to bring with you?
You have experience in design, build and maintain infrastructure of digital networks to connect people and devices within Smart Cities. In this way we contribute to the quality of life within our future cities. You have experience implementing strategic projects and stimulated (technological) innovations for municipalities, infrastructure companies and research institutions, related to the maintenance of public spaces. You match well with our organization, you connect well in terms of personality and mentality and, being able to switch quickly within a complex, dynamic organization.
* HBO / WO – level of thinking
* At least four years of experience in managing consultant projects and work in diverse teams
* Urbanism and metropolitan analysis, design and engineering industries are your background
* Living near Amersfoort and/or Amsterdam
* Scrum and Agile are our working standard
* Highly organized skills and the ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks
* An ambitious team player is what you are
What do we offer?
At Hyrde IoT we offer a lot of freedom to do new things independently and to take responsibility. Self-steering types! No micro management, but trust in each other. The diversity of activities and projects is enormous, so no worries, you will not get bored! A challenging job in a young, fast-growing and ambitious scale-up company:
* A gross monthly salary between €3,000 and €4,000 (depending on experience)
* Laptop and phone for both business and private use
* A car (lease)
* A dynamic and divergent, international team
* Growth opportunities within Hyrde IoT
* Endless learning opportunities